The Benefits: Micronised Linseed:
- Micronised to maintain Omega-3 Improves coat condition & skin condition
- Supports healthy skin Supports immune function
- Helps smooth the passage of food through the digestive system
- Supports healthy weight gain Helps develop strong and healthy hooves
- Improved Joint Health Healthy Gut Good Metabolism
- High in oil and very low in starch thus providing a 'safer' energy
- Anti inflammatory properties so suitable for laminitus prone and older horses
Why should I feed Micronised Linseed?
Micronised full fat linseed can also be used at increased levels to add protein and useful calories to horses diets, particularly those in hard work or needing for weight gain or to maintain body weight.
Linseed, in its raw state, contains the enzyme Linase, which, in moist conditions, can trigger the release of hydrogen cyanide. This micronised product however not only enhances feed value and palatability, but also destroys Linase, so that the resulting product can be fed directly and safely to horses.
Micronised Linseed only require a small amount of feeding, It can be fed directly from the bag. Feeding rate: On average 150gm - 200gm per day depending on the size of the horse. ie. 150gm for a small pony and 200gm for a large thoroughbred.