KM Elite Aloe Vera Juice- 1 litre
Aloe Vera is known to be one of the most nutrient dense plants on the planet. Considered a super-food, the leaf is filled with a soft gel which contains at least 200 active compounds. These are hugely valuable for maintaining optimum equine health and wellbeing, however they become particularly important for weary or retired older horses.
All you need to know when ordering from Essentially Equestrian.
If you ever need to return items then we want to make things as simple as possible.
KM Elite Aloe Juice contains 100% pure, high-grade, aloe vera inner leaf gel, and has a number of health benefits. These include:
- Maintaining the health of the intestine and digestive system while also lubricating the digestive tract. This helps ensure horses correctly digest food and effectively absorb nutrients
- Supporting joints during and after physical activity, keeping them healthy and strong
- Maintaining exceptional heart health and healthy levels of oxygenation within the blood. This can help sustain high performance and endurance. Aloe Vera also helps keep blood sugar at a stable and healthy level, whilst balancing electrolytes, optimising performance further
- Supporting the general health of the body with essential minerals, vitamins, enzymes and glyconutrients. High concentrations of amino acids, the building blocks of protein, help support the body grow and repair, while also sustaining healthy brain function
- Soothing external skin irritations
- Maintaining a healthy immune system
KM Elite Aloe juice contains 100% pure, highest grade, inner leaf Aloe Vera, with less than 1% food grade preservatives.
1:1 gel is generally considered the best, as this is the ‘purest’ and had the least done to it since being extracted from the plant, but in the process any parts that are less desirable have been sufficiently removed.
This high quality juice offers an all round boost to the animal's immune system and well being. It can also work as a tonic for older or run down horses recovering from injury.
The Aloe Vera used in KM Elite Aloe Vera Juice has been processed to remove the bitter aloin, as this has negative effects on the digestive system and contains hydroxyanthracene derivatives, levels of which are controlled by current food & feed regulations. The processing involves extraction & filtration and as there is no standardised process, appearance of final aloe vera products may vary. The main point to be aware of is that aloe vera gel for topical use, has not been extracted & filtered to remove the aloin & hydroxyanthracene derivatives & as such is not recommended for oral use.
This is a useful extract from the EFSA statement on hydroxyanthracene derivatives:
Owing to their laxative properties, the presence of hydroxyanthracene derivatives in the preparations in-tended for use in foods is controlled and limited by adding purification steps in the manufacturing process of products intended for use in foods. The International Aloe Science Council has established a quality standard for their certification program of not more than 10 ppm (10 mg/kg) aloin A and B for all aloe vera leaf juice ingredients for use in products intended for oral consumption (IASC, online).
In the whole leaf juice process, the entire aloe vera leaf is cut and ground into a slurry which is subsequently pressed to obtain a liquid. Hydroxyanthracene derivatives are removed by passing through a series of press filters with carbon coated plates. This step is also known as decolourisation process.
The aloe vera juice is continually passed through a filter press until 99.9% or more of the aloin is removed (IASC, online).
The presence of hydroxyanthracene derivatives in the aloe juice can be minimised by a second manufacturing process which uses the inner leaf as the starting material. In this method, the outer leaf rind is separated and discarded from the inner pulp before expressing the juice. A further decolourisation step with activated carbon may also be implemented even in this process